Situation Normal. Atmosphere Breathable. Brainstem Injected. Dialogue Engaged.
stg-roadrunner-gfx
Friday, April 01, 2005

Tinfoil Viking Science

Have you ever experienced a twitch? Sure you have. There are different kinds. Maybe a facial twitch. The outside corner of your eye spasms and you half-blink involuntarily a few times. Maybe a nerve in your wrist jumps, causing your skin to tremble like the lid of a boiling pot. Maybe you feel a twinge under your knee and your leg kicks out and punts a toy across the floor.

Then the biological glitch mysteriously vanishes. You're left wondering what microscopic gremlins are cartwheeling through your innards wreaking havoc, cackling with destructive glee. Is there a medical explanation? Do you have a newly mutated ailment that's never afflicted a human before? You rub your chin and wonder if you will get your own disease like Parkinson or Gehrig. You look around to see if anybody saw your slight jerking motions.

The paranoia has begun. You have something to hide. Maybe. It could be gone. Hopefully it is gone.

I'm here to tell you this is not your fault. It was not caused by an unhealthy diet. It was not caused by the ingestion of hallucinogenic drugs back when you were in college. It is not a reaction to the particles of scum floating through the air due to your negligence with the vacuum.

Whoa! Let go of me! Slow down your freakout. I'm not suggesting that your wife poisoned your coffee. She did not inject your bran muffin with ammonia. Nobody is actively trying to ruin you. Well, no human person at least.

You see, there is a far more insidious and terrifying force undermining your bodily self control. You are not alone. Upstanding citizens across the globe are being manipulated by a mysterious force far, far above us. I can't tell you if it's a god or an alien or radiation from another galaxy.

But I am sure it is there. Affecting us. Targeting us. Manipulating us. If action is not taken, this will get worse. We will progress from mere twitchiness to full fledged seizure or worse, automation.

I do not want to scream on the inside while some bizarre force compels me to perform hideous acts of brutality. Or comedy. Comedy might be worse. Duck quacking, chicken clucking, disco dancing. I suppose it depends on whether this invisible puppeteer is malevolent or prankish.

Something must be done. I've spent my entire life preparing for this fight. I have done calculations so complex the human genome would urinate its trousers in shame. I have performed experiments so volatile that volcanos would chill out and go dormant out of humble respect.

I have discovered many means of combating this debasing assault upon your nervous system, but only one way is cheap, efficient, and practical. Only one method does not require millions of dollars worth of sophisticated equipment. Only one way necessitates no painful clamps or hourly injections.

It is truly a marvel. This hat. Just a hat, yes! The brain is the key to your body, you see. It is the floodgate through which your vulnerability has been assaulted. Here, take this hat. Try it on. I have fashioned this one from aluminum foil. Just for you. The aluminum blocks the imperceptible rays. The viking fins redirect them, bouncing the harmful pulses of energy back out into space where they will harm no terran lifeform.

I can only save your life. I can only save your autonomy over your vessel. The rest is up to you. Is is your duty to explain this to others. Spread the message. Make them understand that your hat is not a scarlet letter of insanity, but instead a declaration of your self control and power over the universe. Explain to them how they lack immunity to god, aliens, and gamma rays. Tell them blinking is unnatural, not a regular bodily function to moisten the eyeballs.

They need help, just like you did. I did my part.

Now this in your hands. Your hands.
11:11 AM - Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm

11 Comments:

April 01, 2005 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see. Yes, at long last, I see.

 
April 01, 2005 1:53 PM, Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

The changes are permanent. I am not kidding.

This is not an April Fools Joke.

I mean it. Trust me.

 
April 01, 2005 4:20 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

If you can get those hats into the shape of a pyramid, I might sell 'em on eBay for you. Pyramid Power is famous.

 
April 01, 2005 4:49 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

and then start asking for "tytolas".

It just makes sense, people.

 
April 01, 2005 9:13 PM, Blogger You've Got What I Need... said...

I'm not so fond of hats... can you form the mind shield into other things as well? I once had my leftovers from dinner, through tin foil wizadry, transformed into a shiny metal unicorn. Will this help me maintian bodily autonomy?

 
April 03, 2005 8:48 AM, Blogger Kerouaced said...

"I have done calculations so complex the human genome would urinate its trousers in shame." Excellent descriptions.

 
April 03, 2005 7:21 PM, Blogger Bobby said...

I have noticed that when people make aluminum foil hats, they typically stick to a basic design - the cone. I like to make aluminum cowboy hats, aluminum captain hats, aluminum Kangol looking hats and so on. My as well have some style.

 
April 03, 2005 9:18 PM, Blogger Other Brother said...

Will cheap dollar store aluminum work or do I need to spring for the Reynolds?

 
April 03, 2005 11:15 PM, Blogger Matthew Lie - Paehlke said...

To quote anyrapper, USA
"Damn son, you're droppin science on 'em!"

This was some fine work. I, as a man of science (and former viking) myself, can see that it is very well-researched.

 
April 03, 2005 11:15 PM, Blogger Matthew Lie - Paehlke said...

To quote anyrapper, USA
"Damn son, you're droppin science on 'em!"

This was some fine work. I, as a man of science (and former viking) myself, can see that it is very well-researched.

(sorry if this posts twice, zee comments are not zee working right)

 
April 04, 2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Sarcastrix, I knew you would understand.

Horsetail, We could be the new Triple-A. The Aluminum Amway Associates.

YGWIN, possibly. I'll do some research and get back to you. The codename will be "Pegasus Project."

Bobby, that's fine, as long as you include redirecting fins. It would be callow and irresponsible to harm our family members through the negligence of ricochets.

Darrel, any will do for short term. However, the Reynolds is firm and supple. The cheap shit may wilt or flake.

Thank you, Matteus Von Mustard.

 

Post a Comment

left-arrow Home

stg-shark
Celery Stalker
Captured Again
Insect Necklace
Victimless Anthropomorphism
Yellow Light Warning
All Rise
More Idiocy
Dead End Street
I'll Hire Snipers
Dubious Scribbling
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
August 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
February 2008
May 2008
August 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
December 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
August 2010
August 2011
September 2011
February 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
October 2012
November 2012
May 2013
August 2013
September 2013
December 2013
May 2014
October 2014
November 2014
December 2016